I finally went to the beach where you can rent kayaks in Ilheus and it turned out to be one of my favorite things to do in the city. I paid 50 reais and now I can go as many times as I want for a month. Here is a small chronicle of my first solo adventure...
 |
| Escaping the city...feels so good to be on the water again. Just me, my kayak, and the open water. |
 |
| Ain't nobody here |
 |
| The first time I enter the mangrove I am terrified! I don't know if the mangrove has an outlet and I don't want to get lost in the middle of it. Paddling deeper into the mangrove, the sounds of birds and crabs crawling along the tree branches drown out the sounds of the city, the wind, and planes overhead. It is its own little world. I just keep on paddling and, eventually, the mangrove widens, revealing another river! I can breathe again. |
 |
| Just to prove I was there! |
 |
Hard to capture the feeling of the mangrove on photo... |
 |
| Gotta return to civilization at some point (hmm after writing this sentence I think maybe not...). This is the bridge that goes over the bay in Ilheus. I cross this bridge everyday on my way to the university/the city center. |
 |
| View of a neighborhood in Ilheus |
 |
| Watching the sunset from the kayak rental place |
 |
Doesn't get any better than this |
No comments:
Post a Comment